Attractive possibilities for prototyping
Special wishes of the customer such as prototyping and modern design make the utilisation of the FormBalancer interesting specifically for medium-size companies. Tryouts manufactured with conventional press technology have so far been very cost-intensive.
The FormBalancer now enables companies to manufacture several prototypes within a very short time at an excellent price-performance ratio. This facilitates the modifications required to increase the efficiency of components in research & development or in the factory. In fact, modern and innovative product design is placing increasingly greater demands on the components and is playing an increasingly important role in the production process.
The FormBalancer is optimally suited to meet the increasing demand in this sector, because it allows you to manufacture free-form surfaces with the desired surface quality and forming characteristics in a fast, uncomplicated and cost-effective manner.
The most important performance features of hydroforming using the FormBalancer for development and prototyping of components:
- Great potential for tool cost savings, up to 80%
- This allows you to produce component variants at a low price and hence optimize the component function.
- Development times are reduced since only the tool die (i.e. the negative mould) needs to be manufactured.
- The prototype tool can later be used as a tool for batch production.
- Complex shapes with free-form surfaces can be produced in an uncomplicated manner. No work is required to adapt positive and negative moulds (tool and die), as is the case with the conventional deep-drawing process.
- Simple optimisation of materials since different materials can be used in the same tool and die system.
- Aluminium, steel sheets, stainless steel, special steel alloys, titan, etc.
- Optimisation of material thicknesses between 0.05 and 6 mm
From your idea to your prototype
Please send us the 3D data of your component in step format.
Our simulation program will allow us to make a first feasibility analysis to assess the mouldability.
After the contour is defined, the tool and die system will be designed and manufactured.
Using the FormBalancer, we will produce the formed part for your prototype.
The 3D laser will perform the trimming operation.
Using a 3D measurement system, we will check the dimensional accuracy of your component.